One morning very early i went outside and picked a few limes, and a papaya. I went inside, got some carrots, strawberries, ice, honey, and concentrated apple juice. I threw it all in the vita-mix, flipped the switch, stuck in the "ram-rod" and in an instant I almost lost my hand, and re-broke my wrist! I turned the bugger off and wondered why the thing went crazy on me. It only took about .15 of a second to notice that the lid for the vita-mix was sitting so carefully placed that it was camoflagued (spelling beats me) into the counter top! I had forgotten to put the darned lid on, and thus the ram rod went way too far into the "blender," and chewed the bottom of the rod off!
I had heard of this happening to "people" (no names to be mentioned bren) and thought that there is no way I am going to spend the $15.00 +$15.00 for shipping just so that I can jam some berries into a blender blade. I have had many successful years of blending with-out the use of a modern creation such as this!
Well after a few attempts without the rod, I came to the conclusion tht it was imperative that I use it. After a few uses I realized that food gets stuck inside the rod, and rots after a while.......what to do ....what to do.
I had an Idea I got a butane lighter (more than a lighter, and less than a blow torch) and heated up the end and started to heat up the plastic. EUREKA I had found it! So as I was melting the rod back together I had run into yet another snag. I needed more plastic to fill the void that I had created by running the rod int a blade that was turning at 5,000,000 rpm!
I had another idea! I cut the plastic off of another nonimportant section of the rod, and grafted it to the wounded section. Well I would not go and work in a burn center, but hey I did a fairly good job. Not to pretty to look at but the functionality is gorgeous! (might even be more aerodynamic too!)