I found this wonderful list of things that this mom wants their kids to learn in homeschool. This mom is a sister to one of my friends, HERE is her blog. There was many wonderful things that you forget that your kids should learn in life, and I am sure they do not teach these things at public school. So what better place to learn them…than in the HOME.
This is a short list I want my kids to learn or be when they grow up:
3. Is willing to serve and help others
4. Plays well with others
5. Is proud of who she/he is: A Child of God
6. Has a thirst for knowledge
7. Enjoys time with their family
8. A grateful person
9. Gained a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
10. Has a testimony of the Gospel
11. Is an example for better
12. Know what and how to cook a well balanced meal.
13. Can do laundry & other household chores.
14. Can sew a button on.
15. Can tie a tie
16. Can change a tire
17. Can hang a picture on the wall
18. Can set & accomplish goals
19. Reads scriptures daily
20. Can play hymns
21. Can lead the music
22. Enjoys books
23. Is comfortable with public speaking
24. Has a active healthy lifestyle
25. Loves their Mom & Dad
I am so excited to see how these kids grow and learn.