We all know the stigma around Valentine’s Day, it’s usually either met with giddy excitement or dread! I personally LOVE this Holiday. First, because it’s Jase’s BIRTHDAY, and our family gets to celebrate him on this special day. Second, Valentine’s Day can be a special day for everyone, it’s NOT just for those in a “Romantic Relationship”. This is a Day to celebrate the relationships we hold close to us: parents, siblings, cousins, friends, a kind neighbor, the list goes on…
I have a few ideas for Valentine’s Day. These activities you can do with ANYONE, or no one if that’s what you prefer. Where you can be grateful for and have fun with your family, friends, significant other, or give yourself some much-needed YOU time!
Valentine’s Day Ideas WITH FAMILY!
- Special breakfast – pink pancakes, crepes, waffles- with berries & Nutella, etc…
- Write notes for the kids before they go to school, or put notes inside their lunches. a special note of why you love & appreciate them
- Special outfits & hair do’s for younger kids – spray hair pink, add beads, weird hair spray for boys
- Etiquette dinner – host a nice dinner and teach your kids & teens proper manners, etiquette, eating, how to talk, conversations, etc.
- Paint night – you could do this with anyone, but fun it’s to do as a couple especially
- dress up and take pictures – its always a good idea to take pictures on special occasions
- Watch Family videos and talk about favorite memories
- make a special dinner at home – let the kids help by setting up the plates, the candles, etc…
- Have a potluck – share your favorite foods
- Take a class together – pottery, dance, group yoga, cooking, painting
- Play Get to know you games – Fish Bowl Game, Never Have I Ever, 2 truths & a lie
- Party games that will have you laughing – minute to win it,
- single awareness day – watch all the chick flicks or girl power movies.
- single guys – having bro’s night – playing games
Pro Tip: Have treats – valentine’s Chex Mix – add M&M’s, chocolate covered pretzels, Valentine’s Charcuterie board
Celebrating Valentine’s Day at HOME!
- Breakfast in bed – order breakfast from your favorite bagel shop or breakfast restaurant and have it delivered to your door for an effortless breakfast!
- Bring out the Boardgames – set phones, iPad, Xbox, TV aside and play some good old fashion board games
- AT HOME SPA – grab some scrub, lotion, face masks, and candles if you want. Maybe even a mani/Pedi (yes even guys enjoy this once in a while too)
- Indoor Picnic – lay your picnic blanket out on the living room floor with the food and gather around
- Movie Night in PJ’s
- Hot Chocolate Bar and Flavored Popcorn
- Play your favorite board game
- Do a puzzle together
- Paint Night at home – You can find so many fun Virtual paint nights on youtube like this COUPLES LANDSCAPE PAINTING
Ideas for Valentine’s Day OUTSIDE
- go on a hike
- go stargazing
- go on a scenic drive
- Have a campfire with smores in your backyard
- take a walk in the park
Valentine’s Day on the TOWN!
- See a local play or musical
- visit an art gallery or museum
- be a tourist in your own town – try something new
- take pictures all around town- favorite spots
- go to a scenic view in your area and have a picnic
- eat at a restaurant you’ve wanted to try
- go for a sweet treat
- see a movie
If you want more ideas, here are some more amazing ideas by THE DATING DIVAS, or you can check out some of our fun old Blogs about our normal everyday Valentine’s day!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your February and make sure to focus on those relationships that matter most. Tell those you are grateful for, that you are grateful for them, and those you love, that you LOVE them.