Finding a curriculum your kids will love, will set the stage for a successful homeschool year. I like to use curriculum from a variety of sources so my kids have a good learning experience. I also take into consideration their individual learning styles and find courses that work for them. A Tip is to look for a fun curriculum that has good engaging activities.
The curriculum we are using this year:
Curriculum for Language Arts
- The Good and The Beautiful – I use them for the following:
- language arts
- They also have Poetry
- The Good and The Beautiful – We love these but they only go to 5th grade
- The Life of Fred
- Kahn academy
- Lessons for a Living Education
Science & History
- The Good and The Beautiful – Full curriculum courses for different sciences
- Melscience – Great experiment kits
- The Good and The Beautiful – They have good history courses
Extra Curriculum Subjects
This year our kids picked some fun extracurricular subjects to study. Some of their subjects include foreign language, animation, photography, and bird watching. I watching my kids show interest in learning these fun subjects!
- Animation – Blender
- Bird Watching – The Good and The Beautiful
- Foreign Language – Duo Lingo
- Gospel Study – Come Follow Me
- Business Classes – Dave Ramsy
Tip to get ready for the 1st day of school: Go over the calendar and mark off the different Holiday’s that your kids won’t be doing school. Count up the remaining days and divide them by the number of lessons in the curriculum. Now you know how many lessons they need to complete each day.
Hopefully, this curriculum list gives you a jump start in gathering the curriculum for your kids this year. What curriculum do you love to use?