We have officially been traveling in the RV for a couple of weeks now and experienced a lot on the road. Being new RV owners and adventurers, I still can’t believe we took this big beast on a 7000-mile road trip. We have traveled through tornado watches & thunderstorms, doing school, and visiting a ton of historical sites. We have learned a few things about what is working, what we love in the RV, and what we should have packed. If you want to know how I keep everything organized watch how I organized our RV for our most recent road trip.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from these links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
10 items I wish I packed in the RV
- Small whiteboard and dry race markers
- Fly swatter
- small water toys – boogie board, floaty‘s
- Small vacuum / Swiffer
- Collapsible step stool
- Griddle – plugin or pan
- Suction cup hooks – to hang wet stuff in the bathroom
- Low rearview mirror- For Jase to see what’s happening behind him with kids
- Small massager- back/leg roller…driving for hours we get stIff legs
- Electric scooters
As we’ve been on the move life has been adventurous and every day brings different happenings. I have found many things I use every day and just couldn’t live without while living in our RV.
10 items I can’t live without on an RV road trip
- Tension Rods– we use these in the fridge and cupboards
- Command hooks and hooks
- WIPES: Bobs butt wipes- these are flushable in RVs, Hand wipes, & cleanser wipes
- Tool Kit – you will end up needing to fix many things – screwdriver, few screws, drill, hammer, wrench, zip ties, duct tape
- Card games & small entertainment for kids – we love: Phase 10, Uno, and Cover your Assets (for 15% off 1-time use this code: RACHBENNETT)
- Internet extender – we use SureCall – this helps a lot especially as you may park in the woods and not have good service.
- 3 gal water jug – this is the perfect size to keep everyone water bottle full and fits nicely on the counter
- Sewer hose support – Holds Hoses in Place, No Need for Straps
- Beddys – we love the zipper bedding, it makes it easy to make the bed and tuck everything away fast.
- Instant pot & Rice Pot – so useful and takes up little space
We have got a lot more to learn about RV life and can’t wait to go on more adventures.
I’ll see you on our next adventure,
Check out our podcast!