It’s pumpkin decorating time! We love carving pumpkins and do it almost every year as a family. However, it is a bit messy and can be difficult to do with little kids. So I thought I would share a few ways to decorate your pumpkin that don’t all include carving. Also, if you are like me and want to repurpose your pumpkins I have a few great ideas for you.
5 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas that Don’t include carving
- This Googly eye pumpkin is super kid-friendly, you can make it as simple as putting the eyes on or adding a little extra fun by painting the pumpkin or drawing a face on it.
- Mr. potato head pumpkin is so cute and you can really change up the look depending on the size of pumpkin you use. You’ll need potato head parts, and a screwdriver to make the holes.
- Spider Pumpkin you will love this cute idea! You’ll need googly eyes, felt, and hot glue, and black pipe cleaners.
- A Gem Pumpkin is one way to make any pumpkin sparkle. You’ll need hot glue, plastic gems, and paint (optional if you want to paint the pumpkin first)
- Pumpkin window scene. This one is a little more work but you can really be creative with it. Fun scenes are little animal farm, spooky forest, or witch house
10 Pumpkin Carving Stencil pattern Ideas – FREE printables
Pumpkin carving is so much easier with a stencil of the image you want to carve. With these few ideas I have gathered I am sure you’ll find a pumpkin carving printable you will like. If you want to see our pumpkin carving skills here’s a throwback from with the kids were young!
- Monster printables
- Easy cute pumpkin stencil printables
- Scary pumpkin carving stencil patterns
- Animal pumpkin carving stencils
- Witch on broom pumpkin stencil printable
- Haunted house pumpkin carving printable
- Spooky cat pumpkin carving printable
- Cute ghost printable
- Happy Halloween pumpkin stencil
- Spider pumpkin carving stencil
5 Ways to use your Halloween pumpkins
There are so many things you can do with your pumpkins so they don’t go to waste! If you didn’t carve and did a simple googly eye or potato head, your pumpkin could easily be turned into homemade pumpkin puree and then used to make homemade pumpkin cookies or pie! If you did carve your pumpkin you can still use that leftover pumpkin for some fun!
- Make Pumpkin Cookies & pie
- Dinner – dinner in a pumpkin
- Target practice & smashing – stress reliever pumpkin
- Baking pumpkin seeds
- Baby in a pumpkin photoshoot
Whether you carve pumpkins, use them to make pumpkin cookies, or decorate them I would love to hear how it goes? What is your favorite thing to do with your leftover pumpkins after Halloween?
Happy pumpkin carving!