I love everything Halloween from making the costumes to hosting fun Halloween parties with kids activities. With the pandemic last year I got a little more creative and found or came up with a few fun non-trick-or-treat activities for the kids to do on Halloween. This year we will likely do some of these activities again just because they are so fun! If you’re looking for non-trick-or-treat activities to do with your family or at a Halloween party I’m sure you’ll love the ideas I have to share. If you love this blog post, share with your friends as well!
Non-trick-or-treat activities you will love
These are some of the best non-trick-or-treat activities to do at home with your family. Or if you are hosting a Halloween party, most of them are easy to do with big groups. Whether you staying home this year or going to celebrate out I still recommend dressing up. Dressing up in Fun costumes is one of the best things about Halloween!
- Dance party
- Pumpkin carving – If you don’t know what to carve your pumpkin into, here are some ideas. And if you are not into carving, there are other ways you can decorate your pumpkin.
- Trick or treat hunt – this is similar to what you would do for an easter egg hunt. Hide the candy all around the house/yard and let the kids go find it.
- Haunted house – Turn your house or a room in your house into a haunted house. Jase turned our tiny home into a hunted house. It was so scary and fun!
- Murder mystery game
- Halloween trivia
- Make a blanket fort – Gather all the blankets & set up a fort with strings or chairs. Let the kids decide how to build it!
- Make Halloween treats – Everyone loves making treats, we made caramel apples. They were easy to make, here are more simple treat recipes.
- Bob for apples
- Halloween Movie Night – I have a whole list of family favorites if you don’t have a movie to watch.
- Toilet paper mummy game
- Donut eating contest
- Halloween Bingo – Use this Free Printable for a fun twist to your typical Bingo game
- Spooky Face Painting – Do you have a kid who loves art? This is the perfect opportunity for them to use this artsy talent for some spooky Halloween face painting.
- Werewolf Tag – play it at night in your yard or at a safe local park.
Halloween Movie List
- Hocus pocus
- It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- The Addams Family
- Room on the Broom
- Toy Story of Terror
- Scared Shrekless
- Hotel Transylvania
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Harry Potter
- The Haunted Mansion
- Monster House
- Corpse Bride
- Edward Scissorhands
- The Gruffalo
The picture above is of the kids dressed up in costumes for our Halloween movie night in the backyard.
If you try any of these activities I would love to hear how it went!