Finding Eve Christmas traditions that work for your family can be difficult. Here are a few of our favorites! Some years we do them all and some years we only do one or two. Hopefully this gives you a few ideas to adopt into your own Holiday traditions.
20 Christmas Eve Traditions Your Family Will Love
- Open one gift early – PJs – If you want to open a different Christmas Eve gift here’s a few gift ideas your family will love!
- Drive to see Christmas Lights
- Read the Nativity – Luke 2
- Have a Family Christmas Eve Program – Here’s a FREE Printable Christmas Eve program
- Prepare a Nice Christmas Eve Dinner. Don’t think you have to stick to a traditional Meal…Change it up! Instead of ham & Turkey- bring in a new heritage meal- Raclette (Swiss/French) Hawaiian dish- kalua pig
- Watch a movie that inspires the Christmas Spirit: It’s A Wonderful Life / White Christmas / Mr. Krugers Christmas
- Make cookies for Santa
- Have hot chocolate & sing Christmas songs
- Dress nice for dinner
- Or wear PJ’s all day
- Watch Santa online
- Go to bed by 10pm
- Mom makes cinnamon rolls night before for, bake and eat them Christmas morning. We usually eat them mid present opening.
- Make wassail
- Acting out the nativity
- Eat a nice dinner by candlelight – eat around 5 pm – so you can do the evening activities
- *Drive around and look for Christmas lights & we sing our own Christmas carols inside the car
- Attend a Christmas Eve Service or Watch one from home – Christmas with The Chosen
- Watch a Nativity Movie – movie about the Birth of Christ
- Read Christmas Stories, here are a few of our favorite: Christmas Oranges, The Christmas Box, A Christmas Carol, I Believe In Santa Claus, The Night Before Christmas
We often don’t have time to get to all these activities each year but it’s fun to pick and choose which ones you will do that year! What are your Fun traditions? Share with me what you like to do!