We love celebrating the new year! I don’t always let the kids stay up until midnight, but we usually have something fun planned. Whether you stay up until midnight or go to bed by 9pm, you and your kids having fun all night long with these party ideas!
New Year’s Eve Celebration Ideas
- Make countdown bags/boxes – countdown boxes keep kids entertained. If you kids go to bed early have them open boxes on the hour until their bedtime
- Watch Ball drop from NYC – live online If you live after NY timezone, you can watch the ball drop in your timezone and it may be a couple hours earlier. This is a great way for the littles to watch the fun and still get to bed at a reasonable hour.
- Buy mini fireworks- pop it’s / sparklers – have mini firework party at your house
- Watch movies to stay awake
- Play video games/ board games
- Take down Christmas tree on new year
- * If you want to go out – Attend a New Year’s Eve Dance – sometimes our kids go to a youth dance
Easy New Year’s Eve Appetizers
- 7 layer dip – My mom’s Tex-Mex dip is our favorite
- cheese ball & crackers
- Shirley temples: sprite & maraschino cherries
- chips & salsa
- deviled eggs
- fresh fruit
- caramel popcorn
- Pigs in a Blanket
- charcuterie board
- Sheet pan Nachos
Activity – Share highlights of the year
Gather everyone together to reflect and share your moments of the year. Have an award ceremony for those moments. Each person could vote on whose moment fits best on each category.
- Favorite memories
- Funniest moment
- Biggest achievement
- School accomplishment
- Most meaningful thing you learned
- New talent or skill you developed
- Worst moment – ie: broken foot
- Favorite place you visited
- Embarrassing moment
Another activity you could do is share your New Year’s resolutions. What activities and foods do you like on New Year’s Eve? Comment below.
Stay tuned for my next post about setting achievable New Year goals!