I love Valentine’s day! It’s also Jase’s birthday so we have a double celebration! At our house, there is always gift-giving and thoughtful acts of kindness every Valentine’s day. We try to keep that same spirit of love throughout the year. Some of our favorite things to gift are not expensive and often are homemade. These gift ideas are easy and fun to make. Even if you don’t have a crafty hand you will be able to make these gifts.
Gifts Kids can MAKE
- Pop Up Heart Card
- Paint Rocks with Hearts
- Heart Attack (lots of hearts on a door)
- Thumbprint Heart gifts – card, DIY picture, thumbprint necklace, heart-shaped keyring
- conversation heart sign – cut out hearts, write something on each one to make your sign
Last-Minute Gift Ideas
- Lipstick Kiss with love notes – see my example picture below
- Homemade Sugar Scrub – body scrub
- Wild Flowers – picked from your neighbor’s yard…jk
- Homemade Card with love notes
- EASY Clothes gift (if you don’t have time to make a gift) – Fun colored rolled socks into hearts, New Tie for Hubby
Food Gift Ideas
- Breakfast in bed
- Romantic dinner
- Valentine Themed Breakfast for kids – heart-shaped pancakes, heart-shaped cinnamon rolls, heart-shaped egg toast
- Thumbprint heart – sugar cookies
- chocolate dipped strawberries
I hope these ideas are helpful as you plan out your valentines gifts this year. There are also so many other ways to celebrate Valentine’s day, aside from gift-giving. I usually have some activity or a nice meal planned. Because Valentine’s day is also Jase’s birthday we don’t miss a year celebrating. Some of our favorite Valentine’s Day activities are making a special breakfast, going to the movies, or watching one at home with popcorn and snacks, doing an activity outside like a hike or a walk, going to a local shop for a yummy treat, and of course, we always love to travel.
How do you celebrate Valentine’s day? Do you like to give gifts?