We love spring, it’s fun fresh, and there are so many bright colors. I especially love to see the flowers starting to bloom and seeing the grass come back to life. But more than anything, spring really inspires my creativity and I love to do fun activities and learn. I have found some great homeschool activities you can do right now for springtime!
Homeschool springtime activities
- Gardening – teach your kids a little gardening by going to the nursery to pick out seeds a plant them in little cups to get them ready for your garden/flower bed.
- Nature studies – pick a topic in nature to study when you go outside (some fun topics are birdwatching, flowers, and ponds)
- Pick a Stem activity (S- Science, T – technology, E – Engineering, M – Mathematics)
- Art – From painting rocks to thumbprint bugs and Cherry Blossom Popcorn Tree craft, there are so many fun spring art activities you can choose from.
- National Parks – visit a local state or national park to learn more about the plants and animals in your area.
- Sensory Play – help kids develop sensory skills with this fun flower sensory activity
- Scavenger Hunt – use this printable for a fun way to spend time learning outside
- crafts: make bird feeders then try to spot the birds when they eat
- Books on spring – preschool and kindergartners, books to read aloud, buy a new book about spring
- 100 outdoor activities – pick from one of these 100 things to do in the spring
I love having fun activities for my kids planned. Figuring out what activity to do can sometimes be a challenge. if you feel the same way I hope this list helps you (kids and parents) plan a few fun activities this spring. And when the weather is good take your activities outside to get some fresh air and warm sun!
Do you have a favorite springtime activity?