We love spring, it’s fun fresh, and there are so many bright colors. I especially love to see the flowers starting to bloom and seeing the grass come back to life. But more than anything, spring really inspires my creativity and I love to do fun activities and learn. I have found some great homeschool activities you can do right now for springtime!
Homeschool springtime activities
- Gardening – teach your kids a little gardening by going to the nursery to pick out seeds a plant them in little cups to get them ready for your garden/flower bed.
- Nature studies – pick a topic in nature to study when you go outside (some fun topics are birdwatching, flowers, and ponds)
- Pick a Stem activity (S- Science, T – technology, E – Engineering, M – Mathematics)
- Art – From painting rocks to thumbprint bugs and Cherry Blossom Popcorn Tree craft, there are so many fun spring art activities you can choose from.
- National Parks – visit a local state or national park to learn more about the plants and animals in your area.
- Sensory Play – help kids develop sensory skills with this fun flower sensory activity
- Scavenger Hunt – use this printable for a fun way to spend time learning outside
- crafts: make bird feeders then try to spot the birds when they eat
- Books on spring – preschool and kindergartners, books to read aloud, buy a new book about spring
- 100 outdoor activities – pick from one of these 100 things to do in the spring
I love having fun activities for my kids planned. Figuring out what activity to do can sometimes be a challenge. if you feel the same way I hope this list helps you (kids and parents) plan a few fun activities this spring. And when the weather is good take your activities outside to get some fresh air and warm sun! When the weather is not so good try some fun at-home science experiments!
Do you have a favorite springtime activity?