It’s time for some tasty summer meals that don’t involve too much cooking! We have so many favorites. I frequently pull out my mother’s cookbook because she has so many amazing recipes!
Pro Tip: I cook extra meat when I make it for a meal, then use it for leftovers for the rest of the week. We put it on sandwiches, wraps, rice bowls, salads, and about anything else we can think of. It really makes meal prep easier (especially for little kids). This summer try to keep the stove off as much and make more tasty cold meals!
Simple Summer Salads
- potato salad – Our favorite potato salad recipe by my mother
- Italian chopped salad
- tuna salad with crackers
- Greek salad
- pasta salad – This is one of our favorite family recipes from my mother
Tasty Cold Wraps
- Chicken caesar wrap – easy recipe
- Italian chicken wrap
- Tuna salad with crackers – picture
- Asian chicken crunch wrap
- Turkey guacamole wrap
Easy on-the-go Sandwiches
- baguette sandwich with cured meat, cheese, mustard, and mayo packets – pic
- California Sandwich
- Mozzacado Sandwich on sourdough bread
- Egg salad sandwich
- PBJ Sandwich – to make it even better you can grill it
Finger Food Cold Dinner
- Veggie tray w with hummus & crackers – pic
- Summer Grilled Cheese tray with fruit
- Summer Caprese slider board
- Spinach artichoke dip pinwheels
- Charcuterie board – we use whatever we have, a variety of cheese, crackers, etc…
There are so many yummy meals you can make, especially when you get creative and think outside what you might normally make. I hope these meal ideas make your summer lunches and dinners simple and quick.
What are some of your favorite cold summer meals?