At the beginning of the summer, I set a goal to take each of my kids on dates more frequently. We have been so busy that I haven’t spent as much individual time with them as I would have liked. So over the last few months, I have put more effort into one on one dates with my kids as well as regular dates with Jase. It’s been so much fun! We have done dates with our kids for years and they love it. But I had to get back into doing them more frequently.
Before school starts and schedules get super busy take some time to date your spouse and kids! Here are a few of my favorite things to do with them! COMMENT BELOW your favorite things to do on dates!
5 dates to connect with your spouse
Instead of the typical “dinner and a movie” date, I have a few ideas that will help you really connect with your spouse. Some of these will take a little more planning or are out of the box, but they are worth trying. I think you’ll have some fun with them!
- Sit in the hot tub and talk about hopes and dreams
- Star gazing – pile blankets into your car/truck and drive out of the city where you can see the stars. Download a star gazing app ahead of time on your phone to point out the constellations
- Hike – this could be anything from a short one-mile hike to an all-day hiking trip. Hiking gives you lots of time to talk and connect
- Country dancing or swing dancing – They often have dance instruction before the free dancing begins. This is great if you are rusty on your moves or just looking for some new moves to try
- Cooking classes – check your local town for cooking classes they offer
Fun date ideas to do with your teens and kids
Another thing we do is one on one dates with our kids. It’s a time to connect with them and do something fun they would like. I usually let them pick what they want to do for their date with mom or dad (or if I know of something they have really been wanting to do I’ll surprise them).
10 Summer Date Ideas for Teens
- game night
- pickleball or other sports night
- haircuts and nails together
- escape room
- clothes shopping
- jewelry making class
- craft class – you can often find painting or pottery-making classes
5 Date your Kid Ideas to do with your children
- Eat your kid’s favorite restaurant or buy their favorite treat at the store
- Get Shaved Ice, snow cone, or ice cream
- Visit the library and get dessert after – try a new local hip dessert shop. They are often expensive, so it’s a good date activity rather than for the whole family.
- Craft class – look for pottery, painting, or another craft class
- Amusement park
Your kids and spouse will love the time you put into these fun dates. Go create some memories together! Tell me what your favorite dates are in the comments below