Now that I have almost TWO adult children, I’ve been dying to share how we have helped them through high school and have prepared them to leave the house. Moving out and transitioning into adulthood can be a huge step for teens. And as a teen or parent, you might not know where to begin, or how to take that big step confidently. I am going to share some of the very important and useful skills, hacks, and tips that will make the transition into adulthood easier. Some things you can prepare for and others you cannot and will just learn from experience. So take a deep breath and tell yourself “you got this”
Stay tuned because these topics will be covered in a series of posts all about helping teens prepare for adulthood. The next upcoming blog post will be all about helping your teen prepare for college. This includes everything they might need for living on campus or away from home.
Here’s more to look forward to in this series over the next couple of months:
- Preparing your high schooler for college
- Skills your teens need to have before leaving the house
- Meal prep ideas for a week for college students
- Living on your own HACKS – cleaning, organization, basic car maintenance, recipes, etc…
- Cooking for 1-2 people (not a family) for college students
- Budgeting – credit cards, student loans, budget boot camp, budgeting tips
- Balancing Schoolwork & social life
And check out these posts to get ready for adulthood/college life
- 10 ways to take time for yourself – consider choosing one of these ideas to make the transition into college easier
- How to make and keep your new year’s resolution (or any new goal you have)
- Homemade soap – Have you tried this? You can save a lot and the soap lasts forever! Super easy to make and cheap (perfect when your budget is tight)
- Tiny home to college dorm makeover – All the things you will need for your college dorm room/apartment to make a home away from home
- 10 Youtuber summer bucket list ideas – just because you are a grown-up doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. Try these fun activities with your roommates.
What do you want to hear more about? Share with us!
If there is a topic you are interested in hearing more about please comment below.
We want to know things you are interested in hearing. It doesn’t have to be related to this topic. I can be anything!